The Midwest is one of the most important logistics corridors in the country. It’s also home to hundreds of professional third-party logistics (3PL) service providers that are strategically located to create strong anchors in nationwide warehousing and distribution networks. One particular state in the Midwest, Indiana, also known as the Crossroads of America, is the hub for more interstate highways than any other state. This creates significant advantages for logistics & distribution operations in Indiana.
More reasons to consider Indiana as your logistics hub:
- Indiana has more intersecting highways than any other state.
- Under a program called “Major Moves”, Indiana has invested $10 billion over ten years in transportation improvement plans that are adding over 400 miles in new highways as well as dozens of bridge projects and other infrastructure developments.
- Whether you plan to ship your product by plane, train, barge, ship or truck, Indiana 3PL providers can help. With 80% of the U.S. population within 1 day’s drive, the central location and developed infrastructure will ensure that your raw materials and finished goods arrive on time and with minimal handling.
- Indiana is home to the 2nd largest FedEx air hub worldwide
- Indiana is 3rd in total freight railroad miles.
- The Indianapolis International Airport was voted as the best airport in the nation 4 years in a row.
- With three maritime ports, the state ranks 7th in waterborne shipping. Indiana provides the only statewide port system with direct waterway access to two U.S. coasts.
- With the Indiana Railroad Company (INRR) and the Canadian National Railway (CN) agreeing to a long term partnership, Indiana companies now have access to a robust network of rail lines with the potential to reduce transit times by 8-10 days for imports from the Asia-Pacific.
Logistics and supply chain management are major industries in Indiana. The state’s central location provides ready access to national and international markets. Crucial to a business’ success is its ability to expertly and economically move goods around the state, the nation, and the world. Supply chain and logistics experts use technology and information systems to track products, improve efficiency and productivity, and provide businesses with the analytics and visibility to plan, execute, and monitor every aspect of the transportation process.
Langham Logistics has combined the advantages of our strategic location in Indianapolis and utilizes our industry connections, and strong partnerships with forward-thinking companies to provide comprehensive supply chain management solutions that save time and money. We leverage this unique combination so that we don’t need to rely on off-the-shelf solutions; rather we utilize verified processes and systems, and tailor them to meet the exact needs of our clients’ company, industry, and business objectives.
For more information or to request a quote, contact our customer service representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (855) 214-2844.
This post was originally published on February 16, 2016 and updated on July 15, 2019.